Here are the "speaking the Bible" summaries for Daniel.
Nebuchadnezzar, King of Babylon, seized Jerusalem during the reign of Jehoiakim, King of Judah. Daniel was among youths taken to be educated and placed in the king's service. Nebuchadnezzar had dreams which none of his wise men could interpret, except Daniel. Daniel was promoted, yet remained faithful to God. His three friends were cast into the furnace for not worshiping Nebuchadnezzar's statue, yet they were protected by the Lord and a decree was issued for no one to speak against their God. Daniel interpreted Nebuchadnezzar's dream which warned him of arrogance but he didn't listen, which resulted in him living with the beasts for a time. He honored God afterwards.
Nebuchadnezzar's son, Belshazzar, ruled after him and did not honor God. In fact, he drank wine from the gold and silver vessels from Jerusalem at a feast. A hand appeared and wrote on a wall which Daniel interpreted to say that his kingdom was taken from him and given to the Medes and Persians. Darius (of the Medes) became king and Daniel was promoted under Darius. Some conspired against Daniel, getting Darius to sign a law which would cause him to violate it when he prayed to God. There was no avoiding it so he was thrown into the lion's den, but God protected him. His conspirators were thrown in after that, along with their families.
Daniel had visions which revealed the direction of kings and kingdoms. The Medo-Persian empire, Greece, Alexander the Great, of which would arise something in the end of days--kingdoms--and an everlasting kingdom being given to the saints in the end. Various periods of time were spoken of for things to be fulfilled-- 3 1/2 years, 2300 days, 70 weeks, 1290 days and 1330 days. In the end, those written in the book are rescued, those with insight will shine bright, yet fall in order to be purged and refined. Some will awaken to everlasting life, some to everlasting contempt.
- Don't follow the crowd, not even an elite one.
- Maintain your integrity and faithfulness to God no matter where it looks like it may lead. True deliverance, promotion, and prosperity is on this path.
- Whatever your position, seek to make known God and bring His glory into it.
- The Most High God of heaven rules over the realm of mankind. He gives it to those He wishes.
- All His works are true. His ways just.
- God is able to humble those who walk in pride.
- The Ancient of Days will come to pass judgment on the one who boasts and wages war against God and His saints.
- His dominion will be given to the saints. They will be given an eternal kingdom.
- Rescue will come to those whose name is written in the book.
- Those who know their God will display strength and take action.
- Those who have insight will give understanding to many and shine brightly.
- Those who lead the many to righteousness will shine like starts forever. Yet a time of falling will refine, purge, and make pure.