Sunday, February 15, 2015

Hushing the Storm and the Fear

I woke up with a song on my heart today, based on Psalm 91 and Isaiah 66:2. The words are:

I will set my love on You.
I set my love upon You,
You are my dwelling place
I set my love upon You,
and I know Your Name.
I do set my love on You,
'cuz You have set Your eyes on me.
You're my deliverer, and You are with me.
You will answer and rescue me.

I sing this as a prayer over the township, the state and our country today. The post from February 11, 2012, also speaks of Psalm 91, as well as praying for peace and safety while remaining alert and prayerful. I pray for an equipping of power and authority to rise up in God's people to dispel the terror that would try and grip the hearts of people. I pray that God's people have peace--but not a naive peace that comes from being unaware of what is going on.

When Jesus was asleep in the boat and the storm arose, His disciples woke Him up as they were afraid. He told the storm to "Hush, be still." Jesus was not asleep with a naivety that caused the storm to overtake Him with fear or physical harm. He arose in power and authority and took care of it. I pray God's people rest in His peace, while waking up into the power and authority He's given us, rebuking not only the physical harm, but the fear and terror as well. (For a related article on hushing the storm click here.)

Lord I also pray that You take us to a deeper level of forgiveness and holiness. Protect our children and equip them with all they need to fulfill Your will in their lives. Show all of Your people their gifts and call and how to bring that to fruition in their lives. Give all of our leaders the desire to seek Your wisdom and implement it in all of their decisions.

Matthew 8:23-27; Mark 4:35-41

No comments:

Post a Comment