Saturday, December 15, 2012

December 15, 2012-Don't Trust in Facades

Prayer focus for the week of Dec. 15-Dec. 21, 2012

In light of the school shooting at the elementary school in Connecticut yesterday, it stirs our hearts to continue to pray for our kids here in Waterford.  It makes us want to do all we can to protect these kids and we should.  But we need to remember that the safest place to be is under the protection of our Lord. 

These are the days we need to keep Psalms 91 in our heart and at the forefront of our mind. When we say He is our refuge, our fortress and our God and that we trust in Him, He will deliver us.  His TRUTH is our shield and buckler. Even if a thousand fall at our side and ten thousand at our right hand, we have His promise of protection when we heed what He says here. 

Because he has set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he has known my name.  He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble: I will deliver him, and honour him.  With long life will I satisfy him, and show him my salvation. Psalm 91:14-16

During times of peace & prosperity we can end up putting our trust in the wrong things, things that are just facades and will not hold up during tough times.  Our own security measures, our wealth, our intelligence and even our own "goodness" will not hold up.  Only God can protect us.  His truth is our shield and buckler.  By setting our love on Him He sets us on high, meaning in a safe place.

Let's pray this week not only for the healing of the families and community in Newtown, but also that what the enemy meant for evil, God turns around for good and the hearts of school staff, teachers, parents and kids everywhere, here in Waterford as well, turn to the Lord for His truth, His love, His guidance and protection. 

No comments:

Post a Comment