Continuing to speak the Bible out loud over this one year period, the summary for Proverbs is below. Prior links are at the bottom of the post.
- Seek out and study the proverbs, the witty sayings that teach the ways of God.
- His wisdom, instruction, knowledge, and understanding are for those who choose the fear of the Lord. Choose it over the way of the violent and wicked.
- Choose the upright and blameless way--kindness and truth--and you'll find favor with God and man, healing, plenty, and blessing.
- Acknowledge Him, don't reject His discipline. It will add length of days, years, and peace to you.
- Wisdom, understanding and instruction will bring discretion and knowledge.
- Go after it. Don't forget it. Embrace it. She will guard you. They are life and health.
- The voice of wisdom is crying out. She is the path of righteousness and truth. Diligence and discernment. Generosity and discretion. The fear of the Lord.
- Foolishness also calls out offering false wisdom.
- Arise and awaken to righteousness. Desire and seek after it. Follow it. It will exalt your nation.
- Let your words be few and true. When you speak, ponder what and when to say.
- Speak wise and pleasant words. Life -giving reproof.
- Commit your plans to the Lord and they will be established. He will direct your steps.
- Don't follow the path of the fool, lazy, drunkard, angry, or liar.
- Don't trust in riches.
- Maintain integrity, even if it means being poor.
- Be generous to the poor.
- Keep strife out of the home to bring the favor of the Lord.
- Your words will feed you. Choose them wisely.
- The righteous king will be upheld. Loyalty and truth will preserve him.
- Hasty and lying behavior to gain riches and feed appetites lead to poverty and death.
- Laziness, debt, bribery, and bad counsel lead to trouble.
- Guard your mouth and tongue.
- Listen to truth--buy it. Don't sell it.
- Be pure in heart, applying discipline, humility, and the fear of the Lord.
- Be diligent. Make plans. Listen to knowledge. Be generous.
- Let the wicked counselors and advisors be removed from the land, from leadership positions and influence.
- Establish leadership positions in righteousness, built by wisdom, established by understanding, filled by knowledge.
- Let the faithful and wise rise up and lead.
- Seek understanding and friends who also seek understanding. Listen to their counsel and rebuke.
- The king brings stability to the land by justice.
- Remove bribery from leadership.
- Let the king judge all things in truth.
- Let the righteous kings arise. Those who do not desire drink, but soberly maintain what is right.
- Speak up for the rights of the unfortunate. Defend the needy and afflicted.
- Let the wise wives arise who fear the Lord and tend to their homes, families, and business with strength, dignity, wisdom, and kindness.
- Let the pure generation arise who bless their parents, heed wisdom, are humble and generous.