|Ecclesiastes, Song of Solomon|
- Each generation must learn, work, and discover wisdom, knowledge, and joy.
- There are appointed times to each generation.
- The works of God remain forever.
- The works of man, whom are they given to?
- One hand of rest is better than two fists of labor.
- Two are better than one.
- Listen and learn. Know the proper time and procedures.
- You must know what will happen before you can know when it will happen.
- Enjoy the reward of your labor, but pass on wisdom with your inheritance.
- Your time on earth is short.
- No one--rich or poor, wise or foolish, good or evil--controls his life after death.
- God judges all things. Fear Him and keep His commandments.
- Do your work with all your might, enjoying your days, your wife, your life, while remembering your Creator.
Song of Solomon Summary
- The bride who seeks the king is beautiful to him.
- Rest in his shade.
- Taste his fruit.
- Look for his coming.
- Listen for his voice.
- If he's not to be found--seek him.
- Embrace him when he's found and don't let him go until intimacy comes.
- He comes with warriors and a wedding day crown.
- Offer yourself, your fragrant garden, your choice fruits of intimacy to him.
- Respond to his call. Don't hesitate.
- Seek him and speak of his beauty. He speaks of yours.
- His desire is for you.
- Kiss him openly.
- Give what is due from his vineyard--to him--and for the care of the fruit.
- Let him hear your voice and hasten his return.