Thursday, June 29, 2023

Prayer, Exhortation, & Decree for Christians

 by Rose Murdock

Here is a sample intercessory prayer which you can use to stand in the gap for the believers in Christ that are in your city, county, state etc. Adapt it to fit your community and as the Holy Spirit leads.

On behalf of all Christians who live, work, or have a connection to Waterford and Michigan I offer the following prayers, exhortations, pledges, and decree.

Prayer: Lord, You have sent Your Son on our behalf. Reveal and revive the reality of this truth and the depth of it to each one of us, so we will not turn our back on You, so we respond to Your love and sacrifice for us. Revive us and we will call upon Your Name. O Lord God of hosts, restore us, cause Your face to shine upon us and we will be saved. (Psalm 80:18-19). Pour out Your Spirit afresh upon us (Joel 2:28, Acts 2:39).

Pour out a desire for revival upon us. We cry out for revival, in our own heart first but also in our homes, families, churches, community, and all young people. Revive us first, and we will call upon Your Name. Revive us so we will shine with Your light, and preach the gospel of Jesus Christ in the power of the Holy Spirit (Matthew 5:16, Acts 4:29-31).

Lord, don’t give us over to the stubbornness of our own heart. We will listen to You and walk in Your ways. We will listen to Your voice and obey You, forsaking all false idols and gods, and anything that would stand in the way between us. (Psalm 81:9-12). Search us, search our hearts, and our thoughts. Reveal any harmful or wicked way in us. Lead us in Your way, and we will follow (Psalm 139:23-24). Admonish us and show us what stands between You and us. We repent of any and all pride, selfishness, and sin. We denounce all spirits of religion, antichrist, witchcraft and any other demonic spirits. We reject anything that comes between You and us. You alone are our God.

Pray more as the Lord leads…

Exhortation to the people: Oh people of God, listen to Him. Walk in His ways and He will quickly subdue your enemies and turn His hand against your adversaries (Psalm 81:13-14). Believers in Christ and seekers of truth, respond to God’s call to listen to Him and walk in His ways! Turn your heart back to your first love (Revelation 2:4). Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ and you will be saved, and your household—your families, your children. (Acts 16:31).

Exhort more as the Lord leads…

On behalf of all believers in Jesus Christ in Waterford and Michigan I give the following pledge. Holy Father, as a believer in Christ Jesus, I come out from among the world and separate myself to You. I will not touch what is unclean, and You welcome me, and all those who do the same. You are Father to me, and I am your son/daughter. (2 Corinthians 6:17-18).

I will love You with all my heart, soul, mind, and strength (Mark 12:29-30). I will obey Your commandment to love one another even as You have loved me. (John 13:34), and I will love my neighbor as myself (Mark 12:31) without showing partiality or favoritism. I will love my brothers and sisters in Christ as You have loved me (John 13:34). I offer my works to You, as well as my faith (James 2), and wash my robes in the blood of the Lamb, making them white (Rev 7:14, Rev.19:7, Rev. 3:4-5).

Pledge more as the Lord leads…

Decree: Thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place. We are a fragrance of Christ to God among both the saved and perishing. (2 Corinthians 2:14-15). Our lights and works are shining to glorify God (Matthew 5:16). God’s people are returning to Him! The prodigals are coming home!

Decree more as the Lord leads…


No comments:

Post a Comment