Saturday, August 17, 2013

August 17, 2013 - Northeast Quadrant Prayer Walk

August 17, 2013
Northeast Quadrant Prayer Walk


Prayer focus for August 17-23, 2013
This week's church prayer is for:
Oakbrooke Bible Church
3750 Pontiac Lake Rd.

Father God I pray Your people are led by Your Holy Spirit and not led by deceptive influences.   I pray Your people don’t get on paths that would lead them away from Your purposes, that they don’t eat the fruit that will be destructive to them. I pray Your people are not deceived by tempting things that look good or promising, but yet not of You. I pray for discernment for Your people so they know what is of You and what isn't. I also pray for the protection of Your people, from deception but also from direct attacks of the enemy. May Your people be safe from both the secret and open attacks.

I pray for the people to have hope. For them to find Your peace and joy. I pray Your people learn to be content in the place You have called them to. That they don’t give in to envy and complaints. Forgive us for our grumbling and dissatisfactions. Let us see the good and experience the joy of our calling. Let this joy and peace of Your people be a sign and a wonder for those who don’t know You. Let them see the freedom, the life and the joy of living for You.

I pray for Your people to receive the discipline of Your Word and the freedom of Your Spirit.  That we have both so we can stay on Your path in both peace and joy. Let the fruit of the Spirit grow, grow, grow in the hearts and lives of Your people. May we become appreciative and filled with gratitude for all You do for us. May we stay focused and determined to take our place in Your Kingdom and experience the joy, peace, freedom and hope that comes from being in our place.

“...for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am.” Philippians 4:11 NASB


No comments:

Post a Comment