Saturday, February 16, 2013

February 16, 2013 - Peace


Prayer focus for February 16-February 22, 2013
This week's church prayer is for:
Christ Lutheran Church
5987 Williams Lake Rd.

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you; not as the world gives, give I unto you.  Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." 
John 14:27

Lord I thank You for Your peace that You have left with us.  I pray this peace floods through Waterford and beyond.  Let Your people receive Your true, inner peace.  Not just a temporary settling down, but a true inner resolution of all that would trouble us.

Let Waterford make peace with You.  Let Oakland County, Michigan and the United States of America make peace with You. 

I felt the Lord doesn't want us to just "settle for" certain things or just "tolerate" our lives, but that He wants us to experience His true peace where we have resolution to things that would try and spring up any type of agitation.

I also felt He wants His people to let regrets go.  And to realize the significance of every good thing you do.  They are not going unnoticed by your Heavenly Father!  He sees every prayer, every sacrifice and every hard thing you do when you choose His ways.  He sees it all.  Don't let any regrets from the past hold you back from going forward in Him.

I also pray that Christ Lutheran Church experiences and fulfills their mission statement which is to "share the love of God as made known in Jesus Christ and to be transformed by that love."  I pray this church and all of Waterford's Christians experience the transforming love of Jesus as well.

This past week I put up an article about the ten-year tenure the Lord has put on my heart for prayforwaterfordmichigan.  You can read it here, TenYearTenure , or by going to the "Why Pray" page and scrolling down to the bottom.

No comments:

Post a Comment