Saturday, November 3, 2012

November 3, 2012 -Our Refuge & King

Prayer focus for November 3-10, 2012

I've felt impressed to pray for the safety and protection of the infrastructure of the Township, specifically the water and natural gas systems.  I also think each family, church etc. should look at their own "infrastructure" and think about back-up plans in times of emergency.
I pray Psalms 91 over the Township--that we dwell in the secret place of the Most High so we can abide under the shadow of the Almighty.  That we say of the Lord, He is my refuge and fortress, my God, and in Him will I trust.  I thank God for His protection. That because we set our love upon Him He delivers us, sets us on high--in the safe place.  That He is with us, delivers us and even honors us.  That He satisfy's us with long life and shows us His salvation.

I also pray that the people of the Township don't compare or identify with the cities and townships around us.  That we don't look to those who seem to be wealthier and look down on ourselves. That we don't look to those who seem to be troubled and identify with them.  Just as the Israelites looked to the nations around them who had kings and decided they wanted a king instead of God's way, I pray that we don't look to the communities around us to identify with or judge ourselves by.  (1 Samuel 8).  God has a plan for this community.  I pray we discover the wealth of this land He's placed us in--the gifts and talents and hidden secrets of Waterford that make us unique.  Not so we can be arrogant, but so that we can fulfill the purpose of this land and our own individual God-given purpose. 

I also pray that there is truth, peace and faith over the next several days leading up to the election.  That the heaven's are opened over our community so God's people can clearly see how to vote, and that they DO vote.

If anyone is looking for some help in making informed voting decisions then check out the Michigan Family Forum Voter Guide.  You can get to if from this website by going to the Election Prayer page.

No comments:

Post a Comment